Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Just a little more to go...







Here's a picture of the mosaic tiles being quilted. I just have a small area to finish, but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe tonight...

The quilting is just me practicing my machine quilting. I really liked the frog material on the back! I used yellow thread on the top and bobbin. It was the only thread, other than green, that I though would match. And I didn't have the right shade of green to use.

I dozed off on the couch last night during the Cub game (Cubs won, by the way!). My mom called me during my "nap" and asked me to make a baby quilt for her to give to a friend. At least I thought she did...I had to ask her via email this morning if she had really called!

Yes, she called and yes she needs a baby quilt. She doesn't know if it will be a boy or girl. I am thinking I will make another pinwheel quilt but I'm a little stumped on the colors to use. I guess I could go with yellows and greens, but they really don't do much for me. I need some ideas of what colors would be neutral for a baby.

This Thursday my friend is having her surgery. It depends on the outcome whether she will be able to go to Paducah or not. If she cannot go, I don't know what I'm going to do. I am really looking forward to getting away.

Last night we just had hot dogs and chips for supper. I picked up some broccoli slaw at Wal Mart's deli. It was a quick and easy dinner. I made macaroni and cheese and put the hot dogs under the broiler. Closest you can come to grilling out in the house. I like to run the tip of a paring knife around the hot dog in a lazy spiral. Then when it's under the broiler, it splits along that area and cooks up real nice.

Tonight I have some chicken strips thawed out to bread and bake or fry. Will make some gravy and heat up the leftover mashed potatoes from the pork roast. Again, nothing fancy but it will be a good dinner.

No comments: