Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday before Paducah trip



Here's a picture of the blocks I'm making for a baby quilt. I thought it was cute, the dog and cat fabric paired with the bones and hearts.

The blocks are six inches each and the center of the quilt will be five by five blocks. Not sure what borders I will put on it yet.

I have all the snowball blocks done and ironed. I finished the nine patch blocks but still need to iron them. If I don't get them done before Wednesday, I will probably take the project to Paducah with me.

I say Paducah, but we are actually staying at a retreat center in Golconda, IL. It's on the Ohio River. In fact, in the pictures, the cabins are right on the bluffs, overlooking the river. I'm excited about going. I really need a break.

Last week darling hubby was on the midnight shift at work. That was terrible. He was so upset about his job and having to work midnights it just upset the entire household. He is back on afternoons starting today. We are all relieved.

I have been making lists of things that I have to do for darling son's graduation and enrollment in college. It's sneaking up on me! I think once I get back from my trip, I can concentrate on those things more.

I'm hoping to get inspired at the show. We will stop at the big fabric store there, also. When we went to Nashville a couple years ago we stopped in Paducah on our way through. I purchased the fabrics that went into the Tennessee August quilt I'm currently hand quilting. Those fabrics were inspired by the trip. In the quilt are a lot of bright oranges and reds. Since it was unbearably hot during that trip, the fabrics were fitting for the time.

Last night I made a beef roast with all the trimmings for supper. It was pretty good. Saturday night my darling husband took me out for pizza. We went with a couple of friends to a place over in the next town that serves food and beer. I was the designated driver, so I had soda, not that I would have drank much beer either way!

I was going to make homemade pizzas over the weekend, but put that on hold after we decided to go out Saturday. Maybe next weekend we will have them.

No comments: