Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sweet Saturday

I finally started machine quilting the mosaic tiles baby quilt. I'm doing swirls and loops in the center and outer border. I did some lazy stars in the inner border. It's not perfect but it could certainly be worse.

Darling son let his car run out of gas and burned up the fuel pump. It was pretty old and ready to be replaced anyway, the mechanic said, but it was still an aggravation and expense we didn't need right now. Luckily, the mechanic we took it to was able to finish it right away this morning and will take payments. You don't find people like that just anywhere, we are very fortunate.

I put some spaghetti sauce on to cook this afternoon. It smells very good. I'm tempted to go to the grocery and get the makings for meatballs, but I've already been to the store once today and really don't want to go out again. The sauce has sausage in it, so there's enough meat in it without the meatballs.

Remember how I was not real enthused about making the purple pinwheel quilt for my coworker? She came in one day this past week and got her gift. She opened it at work and really liked it, which I'm glad. Then a couple days later she sends me a text message that her dad saw it and would love to have one in that pattern for himself and would I make one in a larger size for him? She would pay for it. I told her no, that I wasn't doing any commission work right now, but I was flattered that she and her dad liked my work.

Tomorrow is Palm Sunday. I was tossing around the idea of going to church today, but it's at the other Catholic Church tonight, not ours (the priest takes turns saying Saturday Mass at the two churches) and I really like to go to our church. It's where I grew up and made all my childhood sacraments. The kids have fallen away from going every week, which makes me sad, but I understand it. And darling husband will be going to the motorcycle safety course again tomorrow morning, so I will probably be going to church alone.

Well, I have an hour and a half before darling hubby gets home from the classes, so I think I will go up and finish the quilting. Then it will just need to be bound. I'm thinking of giving it to darling daughter's boyfriends' little boy, if I ever get to meet him.

No comments: