Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm going to Paducah, whoopee!

Well, my friend had her surgery today and had the best possible outcome, so we will be travelling to Paducah later this month! I'm so happy!

I have a three day weekend. Tomorrow is Good Friday. I'm considering going to St. Louis to visit my grandma in the morning. Not sure yet whether I will or not. But if I do, I will go to JoAnn's while I'm there. I need to get the material for the baby quilt my mother wants me to make.

Don't really have plans for Saturday. Easter is Sunday. Going to my dad's for dinner at noon, but other than that, nothing planned. Kids are too old to hide eggs for. I bought them each new pillows, in lieu of Easter baskets. Thinking of making each of them new pillowcases for the pillows as part of their gift, instead of a 'goodie bag' like I have been doing for the holidays. I do however, have a couple pieces of chocolate for each of them. It wouldn't be Easter without a chocolate rabbit, you know!

I'm dreaming of living in the woods. This has always been a dream of mine. I have actually been looking at properties with wooded acreage. They are so far out of our price range that this is just fantasy, but it's nice to dream...

I'm reading a Debbie Macomber book right now. I enjoy her books. The library in the town where I work has a nice collection of hers, mostly in paperback, but that doesn't matter to me. I enjoy going to this library, one of the reasons being that they just recently acquired a library 'cat'. It's a real live cat named "Stacks". That cracks me up. The cat is friendly, too.

No comments: