Monday, April 13, 2009

Finished Mosaic Tiles

Darling husband started the midnight shift last night. He went to work at 11 and got home at 7. I was going to bed when he left and leaving for work myself when he got home. I just hope he can get some sleep today. I also hope these midnights don't last very long, but at least he has a job.

I finished the Mosaic Tiles baby quilt this weekend. My daughter wanted to give it to her boyfriend's little boy, so he took it with him last night. The boyfriend really seemed to like it. I hope his son does. The machine quilting didn't turn out too bad. I was pleased. Of course, I forgot to get a picture of the finished quilt before it left the house! agh.

We had a nice Easter. I made some Cornish Hens for supper last night. I also made mashed potatoes with some sour cream and shredded cheddar in them. I baked them with a little parmesan cheese on top just to finish them off. They were a big hit! We had some fresh steamed asparagus also. It was a good dinner.

Tonight I'm making fried pork chops. I guess darling hubby will eat before he leaves for work. This will take some getting used to.

I went to St. Louis to visit my grandma on Good Friday. We went to one of the fabric stores and I picked out some material to make a baby quilt from. Well, I picked out four fabrics, thinking I would make another pinwheel quilt, but then when I got home the material just didn't seem suited to go into pinwheels. I decided to raid my stash and see what I could pair with the new material and found some good fabrics. I am only using half of the new fabric and plan to use the other half to make another baby quilt by adding some of my stash material to it also.

I've decided to make a snowball and nine patch baby quilt. One of the new fabrics I'm using as a 'focus' fabric has the cutest pattern of dogs on it. That will be the snowball block. Then I have a coordinating fabric with little dog bones and hearts on it to use in the nine patch blocks. I got the snowball blocks cut out yesterday.

It's a rainy day here today. I am waiting for good weather to set out a few tomato plants. I would love to have a garden, but we don't have the room for it. I'm just going to put the plants in five gallon buckets, I guess.

No comments: