Monday, February 15, 2010

Bye bye birdie...

Okay, I'll admit it...I have a deep fear of birds. There. It's out. Although it really isn't any secret to anyone who knows me. I don't know why I have this fear and for years I thought I was the only person in the world that did. There is a real name for this phobia and probably lots of doctors who would take my money to cure me of it, but I'm not really that worried about it. I just don't go into the bird house at the zoo. I like to see pretty birds in trees as long as they are far enough away that they can't fly at me.

After that paragraph of psycho babble, the reason I mentioned it is because this morning there was a bird in my house. I was going to the basement to get towels out of the dryer and a bird as big as an African Condor flew towards the basement steps. Okay, it was just a blackbird but it did have a huge beak... After hearing me scream, my husband and son rushed to my rescue. They trapped it in part of the basement and after unsuccessfully attempting to catch it in towels, they resorted to shooting it with the bb gun.

Although no funeral rites were performed, Nick did tell me he was going to have trouble going back to sleep because he just had to kill something. Ev just took the garbage bag unceremoniously out to the trash... I did tell both the men in my house that they were my heroes.

Getting to sew today might happen if Nick really can't go back to sleep, but I seriously think he will overcome his guilt and I'll have to wait until afternoon to get to the sewing room. We got about 5 inches of snow overnight so college classes were canceled. That doesn't happen very often, but why does it have to happen on one of my days off? sigh.

I'm looking forward to watching the Westminster dog show tonight and tomorrow night. Got the t.v. warming up already...

No comments: