Friday, February 19, 2010

Why are children so difficult?

Sometimes I feel like my kids do things just to get on my nerves. This is something so stupidly simple that's bugging me, but I can't help it. Let me explain...

Both kids attend the same college. There are texted alerts from the college when the campus is closed, for whatever reason. I had the phone number to text to be my cell number. This was done last year and we all pretty much forgot about it. Well, we have had some alerts and I have forwarded them to both kids. Johanna decided she needed them to come to her phone. Fine. The college only allows one phone number per student for alerts. Since she doesn't stay at home anymore, I won't know when the alerts come. Soooo, and here is the part that makes me realize why some species eat their young.....I suggested to Nick that he sign up for the alerts because I would no longer be getting them. This is not a big deal to do. Three minutes tops on the computer. The kid is on the computer for hours upon hours at a time. When I suggest this he shrugs it off. Why can't he just do it? Why does it have to be a major, Mom nagging, deal? I'm so dang tempted to not say another word to him and then when classes are canceled let him drive down there for nothing.

No comments: