Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rotisserie be gone!

I have had an electric rotisserie for several years. It was a gift from a friend. I loved the way food cooked in it. I did not love the prep work it took to get it to work properly. Balancing the food was always a big challenge.

Today I wanted to make a rotisserie chicken. I had a nice size bird all ready and a good rub to put on it. For 45 minutes or more I strung up that chicken seven ways til Sunday and it still wouldn't balance! Then, without ceremony, I disassembled the rotisserie parts from the chicken, took the parts of the rotisserie and the actual rotisserie itself and threw it in the garbage! Asked Everett to take it to the trash, which he did.

Done. Over. Finished. I rubbed the chicken with the seasonings and put it in the oven to roast. It turned out really well. I also made twice baked potatoes and brussel sprouts. Ev and I had a very good dinner.

So far I have lost 17 pounds. It feels really good!

Still haven't done much sewing. I have some St. Patrick's material to make bags for the kids all ready to roll.

No comments: