I was able to get upstairs last night and sew! First, I let Addy come up with me and she was doing well right up until she squatted down and started to pee! Okay, that's not cool, so I scooped her up and outside she went!
After that, I was able to press the remaining pieces for the whirlpool block and even sew one of them together. What do you think?
I seem to have a lot of purple for these blocks, but I also have a lot of other colors going into it. It's going to be super scrappy, that's for sure!
Now, would you like to meet the newest member of the sewing machine family? I found this vintage Kenmore yesterday at an antique shop near my work. It works fine, with the exception of the needle going up and down when the clutch is supposed to be disengaged. Common problem and more of an annoyance than anything. I'm pleased with my purchase.
They were asking $30 for her in a cabinet that wasn't made for her. She didn't sit level with it at all. I asked if they would sell the machine without the cabinet for $20 and got yes for an answer! So she joined the herd.
I did a bit of measuring last night and I am pretty sure she will fit in the table I am using now with my grandma's old Kenmore. Going to swap them out and give that machine a rest and this one a workout! I love the fact that I now have three vintage Kenmore machines. They all use the same accessories for the most part and all use the same bobbins.
The antique shop had a couple more vintage machines, including a Singer that looked like it was in good shape. I talked to Mary about it and she is interested, so I'm going to run over there today again and see if I can snag it for a good price. Going to make sure it works properly first, of course. I will see Mary in a couple weeks when we go to Arthur and can get it to her then, or if that doesn't happen, I will take it to her at Thanksgiving.