Friday, October 24, 2014

Itsy bitsy spider...

I started making some spiderweb string blocks for the nursing home quilts.  If you want to see what they look like, you can get on Bonnie Hunter's website, quiltville.com.  I will need 16 blocks, which take 4 of the pieces that have the green section in them.
Once they are trimmed up, these are quarter square triangles that form a block.  I need 64 sections for one nursing home quilt.  Last night I made four in less than an hour, and that was with a lot of distractions (read, "Addy").  I think they will come together pretty quickly now that I have the hang of it.

The strings I am using are mostly coming from a bag of scraps that I bought for $3 in Paducah last April.  I remember that Mary and I were sitting on the floor waiting for a room to open that we were going to listen to a lecture in.  There were booths close by and we each ended up buying a bag of scraps.  It's fun to work out of someone elses scrap pile because there are materials in there that I wouldn't have.

Today the old Singer 15-91 came home to live with me.  Ev picked her up in the truck this morning.  I can't wait to get home and play with her tonight!  Whee!

Tomorrow we go to Arthur.  Really looking forward to that trip, too.  I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Lynley said...

I love those string blocks, but haven't made any yet - one day! I have SO MANY scraps I could us :)