Monday, June 22, 2015

Celebrations


This is a horrible picture, I know, but I think you will get the idea of what it is.  I was standing behind my car, which was parked in front of my house, and looking straight down the road towards the park where the finale for the weeklong Homecoming celebration was a huge fireworks display!  There were quite a few trees in the way, but I could still see the majority of the display and it was just amazing.

While standing out there (in my pajamas, hoping no one I knew would pass by...) I was thinking about the town turning 150 years old.  Where I was, in front of my house, probably was just a field.  The downtown most likely was paved with bricks and had horse and buggy parking in front of the businesses.  Now, looking at it, I marvel at all the changes.

The weeks' celebration was dampened by constant rain, but all in all, it was a good time.

No comments: