Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Done!

Doesn't seem like I have gotten any sewing done lately.  But we did get the bedroom floor done! 
Here it is, with all my mismatched furniture.  I love the new floor!  My hubby sure did a good job on it.

It was not without a mishap though.  See, we live in an old home and there doesn't seem to be a level surface or square corner in the house.  When first starting the flooring, Ev needed me to stand on the row he just put down while he fitted the next row in.  That required using a rubber mallet and tapping block and some elbow grease to fit the pieces in. 

Can you see where this is going? 

Yup, he missed the block and smacked me square in the ankle!  Ohhh did that hurt!  Poor guy felt really bad about it.  It's bruised and a little tender, but nothing broke and I can walk just fine.  Luckily it was my bad foot that he hit, so I still have one good foot.  In case anyone was wondering...

2 comments:

Lynley said...

Oh no! I hope you're milking it and getting him to fetch and carry for you :) The floor looks wonderful.

Dora, the Quilter said...

The floor is beautiful!

In reference to your later post, I didn't realize that your little town was younger than my little Illinois town. I hope the weather shapes up so people can have a wonderful time celebrating!