Monday, June 13, 2016

Beginning A New Project

I know this doesn't look like much, but this is the beginning of a quilt for my uncle.  The farm scene is a panel that had to be fussy cut.  The red strips were added, then the whole thing had to be cut to a certain size for the next set of rows.

When I measured how long it needed to be, I figured out that the top and bottom needed to be cut a scant 1/2" to get it to the right size.  Well, I cut the top wrong.  It all worked out though, because the top is smaller than the bottom, which looks just fine.  I'm not going to worry about it.

Bloomington Square top is finished.  I sewed the last half of rows to each other on Clarice, my Singer 301 machine.  For some reason, it started skipping stitches on me.  I'm not happy about that at all.  I cleaned the bobbin area as best I could, and also changed the tension disks and spring on top.  Just not sure what's going on with it.  It will sew for about 10 inches and then skip 1, 2 or even 3 stitches in a row.  Tonight I am going to see if there is some rust or scratches on the bobbin race that could be causing it.  I really want that machine in good working order since I custom fit that table for her.

No comments: