Monday, June 6, 2016

Summertime, Summertime


Summer to me is partially defined by the fact that we can grill burgers whenever we want, without wearing a winter coat!  This was our dinner on the grill Saturday night.  They turned out pretty yummy, if I do say so myself.

Waiting for my tomato plant to give me some red tomatoes.  Guess the weather hasn't been hot enough yet for them to turn.  I only have cherry tomato plants, but that's okay with me.


I did choose this orange flame fabric for the backing of the wall hanging.  It was not much wider than the front, so I added some muslin leaders to the edges and loaded it onto Gemma.  I used a variagated thread on top and an orange thread on the back for the quilting.  I went around each letter and number and in the rows made flowers and leaves.  In the border I did small loops.

Next will be the binding.  I was able to put the label and hanging sleeve on the back, but they will need to be hand sewn along the edges.  The binding I chose was a light green.

No comments: