Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Bags Again

The pieces are cut for one more set of bags for the corn toss game.  This morning before work I went upstairs and wound a couple of bobbins with the right color thread for them.


Green and gold are the colors that were ordered.

The thread I am using is a heavy weight nylon thread and when I wind a bobbin, the thread wants to unwind right away.  I brought a spare bobbin with me to work and I'm going to try to get over to Rural King during my lunch hour.  I'm thinking if I can get some kind of flexible plastic tubing, I can cut it into small rings and that will keep the thread from unwinding.  Just a little experiment.  Hopefully it will work.

I have the pieces sitting on the table the old Kenmore is in.  I have kept the Kenmore set up to do the bags.  It has a size 18 needle in it right now.  The good thing is, I need to hem a couple pair of Ev's jeans, and that size 18 needle is perfect for that job too!

No comments: