Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Unusual Uses


Can you guess what this is?  I was having trouble keeping the heavy nylon thread from unwinding from the bobbins.  I haven't tried this out on a bobbin with thread but I think it will work.  This is a piece of soft foam from a hair curler!


The dollar store had a bag of those old fashioned hair rollers for a dollar (of course!) so I picked a package up.  There are more than I will ever need in that bag...


And another convenient point, if this actually works, I can store the bobbins on the roller rods!  hahaha

My Great Grandmother used to roll my hair up in those pink rollers every night when I was a little girl.  This was before curling irons were being used by everyone and anyone.

2 comments:

swooze said...

I wonder if my 301 and featherlight bobbins would fit in that. Neat idea

Sewgranny said...

You are so very smart!!! What a great idea!