My Christmas quilt was a bit stalled, so over the weekend I went upstairs and assessed what needed to be done to get the right number of squares. Here are pics of what I accomplished.
The easy part was counting the completed blocks. The green churn dash adn the red churn dash are stacked up on the ironing board.
This part got a little tricky. I needed a few more green and red, and a lot more gold. The green and red are waiting for the background fabric for the half square triangles. The gold needs both the rectangles and triangle blocks made. I had a good amount of the background fabric left, however when we were in Arthur, Mary found another bolt of it on the clearance rack. I couldn't pass it up. So I know that I have plenty of it to work with. It may end up being the backing of the quilt also.
And finally here is the stack of completed gold blocks and stacks of pieces ready to be sewn into blocks. My little cheat sheet is in the corner there. It has the trip around the world lay out of the top on it.
You see just a corner of my sewing table that I created for my 301 (Clarice). Every time I look at it, it makes me smile. Mostly, because it actually works for me! It was so scary to cut that hole in a perfectly good table, but once I got over that fear, it was full steam ahead. So glad I did it. Most of the construction I did all by myself, too!