Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday

Today is the start of Lent.  Easter will be here before you know it.  I mentioned to Johanna that I will have to get busy and make the kids all bags for the holiday.  I didn't make them for Valentine's Day like I usually do.  Might scale that tradition back to Christmas, Easter, and possibly birthdays.  Except for Johnathon... he gets a goodie bag whenever I want to make him one!  Haha.

Back at work today.  I'd rather be home sewing!  I got all the flannel washed, dried, and folded last night.  Want to get busy cutting tonight.  I figured out how to put this quilt together by strip pieceing some of it.  That will speed up the assembly process.

Last night I was sitting on the couch watching t.v. and I hear something in the basement that sounds like glass breaking.  Well, if you want to know the truth, someone breaking a window didn't even enter into my mind, which it was not, by the way, so I called Ivy and grabbed a flashlight and headed downstairs to see what was up.  Shadow cat was down there and she had knocked over the box with my ceramic Nativity Scene for Christmas in it.  Of course some pieces broke, so I will be replacing that set this upcoming Christmas.

I was pretty tired last night and went to bed fairly early, about 8, and was just laying in bed watching more t.v. - I don't usually watch a lot of television, but lately seem to be.  Anyway, I was dozing off when I hear someone come up on the porch and knock on the door at 9pm.  Now, this is more than unusual, especially since Nick is still in Georgia.  So I holler "just a minute", throw on a wrap 'cause my p.j.'s are kinda beat up, and again call Ivy to go with me to the front door.  I looked out the window and no one was there, but I see the UPS truck pulling away!  At 9pm!  The package was not unexpected, but the time of delivery sure was.  I think we must have a new UPS person because around Christmas when I was waiting for a gift I had ordered online I had trouble with them.  Their website had said the package was delivered when it had not been, and when I called they started looking into it, but the delivery person then showed up with the package.  And UPS did not know that, so I'm thinking their delivery person is still learning the route and has had to cover their tracks when making mistakes.

No comments: