Friday, March 25, 2011

A new day

It's a new day and I haven't maimed or injured any animals....  Thankfully! 


Woke up to snow.  This is a picture of a stand of trees I pass on my way to work every day.  It always looks so pretty when it snows.  I'm guessing this is Winter's last hurrah, but you never know.  A few days ago it was in the 80's, so go figure.  Kinda weird to see snow on the ground among tall blades of grass. 

We ordered Ev's new lawn mower Monday.  Guess he won't need it for a few days.  haha.  It's a riding mower and we purchased it from Sears.  I hope it's a good one, because he deserves to have something nice.

I'm tossing around the idea of getting a new serger.  My old serger only has three threads, so there isn't a 'seam', just the overcast edges.  That makes it time consuming because I have to sew the seam on the regular machine then serge the edges on another.  I think I would use the serger a lot more if it made the seam also.  I'm just in the beginning stages of looking at them, and there certainly is no rush.  I'm saving up for the Nolting, and I'm determined not to cut into that savings for any other 'toys'.

Planning to go out to dinner with Diane and Lori tonight.  Not sure where we will be going, but really looking forward to going out.  Haven't been out with these gals in a while.  We are all busy going in different directions so it's hard for the three of us to connect sometimes.  We may go to DeCamp or Bamboo Garden, but anywhere we go, I'm sure will be fun.

Found a real easy recipe for dog treats yesterday that I want to try.  I need to make some small treats to put in that new toy of Ivy's.  It's a heavy rubber material and the opening for the treat is small.  She loves those toys where we hide treats in them.  They seem to keep her busy, which is my way of saying she's not tearing up the couch.

No comments: