Thursday, March 24, 2011

Oy what a month!

March has not been a good month for me with regards to animals.  Today, as I was driving to work, a dog ran out in front of my car and I hit it!  I was going very slow at the time because I had seen the dog run into the street a moment before, but then it ran back into the yard, but behind something I could not see around.  I thought it would stay in the yard and started forward again and it darted right out in front of the car!  I felt the crunch when I hit it and it makes me sick to think of it!  I did not kill it, thankfully, just broke a bone in the front leg.  The owner was there and took care of the dog.  I went on to work but on my way home I stopped and asked about the dog.  It's going to be okay.  The break was clean and it will heal okay.  What a lousy month to be an animal around me.

Went to dinner with Uncle Ray tonight.  We went to Crossroads and had pork chops.  They were pretty good.  He enjoys going out to dinner, I think.  We drove through the cemetery after dinner.  He wanted to see what kind of flowers were on Mammy and Grandpa's graves.  I think he wants to get some new ones for Easter.

Came home and put a taco casserole in the oven from the freezer.  I think that will be good for Ev tonight.  Supposed to go out with Lori and Diane tomorrow night.  We all are ready for a night out, I think!

Haven't done any sewing for a while.  Just having a bit of trouble getting back in the groove.

Sure am glad tomorrow is Friday.  But then, I think I'm glad when the weekend comes just about every Friday!

No comments: