Monday, March 14, 2011

Somewhat of a disappointment

Well, crumbs.  The buyer for Gram's house backed out at the last minute.  We were so close to the end of all this, and then the bottom drops out.  Oh well, I just have to have faith that another buyer will come along and that this was all for the best.  Things happen for a reason.

I didn't get the baby quilt done, but since Mom won't be coming down this weekend I have a little more time.  I'll get it done soon and mail it to her.

Nick is planning on moving out this week.  I just hope he can keep his school work up okay.  I finally got both kids' FAFSA completed for the year, as well as their Fed and State taxes.  That's always a chore every year.  I'm glad I'm done with it.

Ivy is doing better, knock on wood!  Ev allowed her to stay inside when he left work, and she didn't cause any destruction.  I don't completely trust her alone inside again yet, but I think it won't be long and she will be 100%.  Took her for a short walk right after work tonight.  It was cold and starting to rain, so it was not as long as it has been the past few days, but it was something.  She is getting better on the leash every time I take her out.

I made a few portabella mushroom caps under the broiler for dinner.  Also had a salad and a baked sweet potato.  I put a white potato in the oven and then mashed it up with a piece of that laughing cow type cheese.  It was pretty good.  Made Ev a meatloaf.

2 comments:

Diana and LaDonna said...

I know you're disappointed, but you are right in that things happen for a reason.

Your mushroom supper sounds so good! Ev doesn't like mushrooms?!

LaDonna

bunbear said...

ev likes mushrooms, but he likes meat better! the guy doesn't think he's had a meal if it didn't include a chunk of meat. the mushrooms are an indulgence for nick and i. me because they are low fat and nick because he's a vegetarian. they are really easy to make, too.