Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sewing to keep my mind occupied

I'm not fond of storms.  Having gone through a tornado when pregnant with Nick and Johanna under a year old, when the weather turns dark, I turn skittish.  So, tonight we are under some severe watches and warnings, and I'm going to keep my mind occupied by pressing and cutting pieces for the second, yet unnamed, quilt top.  But I'm going to do it at the kitchen table, rather than the upstairs sewing room...





I have some yummy breaded chicken breasts baking in the oven.  They are from Aldi and are in the freezer section.  The bag is labelled Southern Style Chicken Breasts, Chicken Fillets, and the brand is Kirkwood.  This is one of my go-to meals.  I bake the chicken, make some mashed potatoes, make gravy from chicken broth, and some kind of vegetable.  Quick, easy, and very tasty!

Last night I made a big pot pie.  I browned ground beef and added onions, celery, mushrooms, carrots and potatoes (the potatoes were cut up pieces of leftover baked ones, but I could have used raw).  Added some beef broth and let everything simmer until the veggies were tender, thickened with corn starch, the put in a dish and baked with a cover of crescent roll dough and cheese.  Very good.

No comments: