Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Smelly smells and more pics

Sometimes smells bring back memories.  And sometimes the smells are stinky!  Now, I'm not going to say that cow manure is a pleasant smell, because, well, it's not.  Not really.  But to me it brings back memories of my childhood.  We didn't have cows, but had friends who had a dairy farm.  And in the summer my great grandpa would get a load of manure to spread on the garden.  Oh, did it stink!  But it was a good kind of stink.  It wasn't garbage or chemicals or decay. 

Some people, my husband included, do not like the smell of limburger cheese.  I'm not crazy about the smell either, but that also brings back memories of my youth when family members used to eat 'stinky cheese'.  Oh, that stuff is wicked!  But they ate it.

Here's a few more pics from Paducah:


These two quilts caught my eye.  I like nature quilts and think that moose, deer, caribou, and the like are all great subjects.  The top picture is neat because it's so rich looking and the bottom picture has such depth of color.  I first thought the bottom picture was supposed to be northern lights, but the label said it was fire.



I also like Christmas scenes.  The one above caught my eye.  There was also a block of the month, I think, pattern called Santa's Loading Dock that looked really neat.  I believe it was an AQS pattern.  I didn't buy it, but the quilt was just stunning.

No comments: