Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Thrift store find

Isn't this cute?  It's a small wall hanging that I found at the Salvation Army Thrift store today on my lunch hour.  It looks like it was just a panel that someone sandwiched then hand quilted around the outlines.  It's really sweet.  I was trying to decide if it looked to "Christmassy" to hang up year round, but I'm at the point now where I don't care because I like it so much!

I'm going to take it home, wash and press it if necessary, then bring it back and hang it up at work in my new office space.  I would like to make some cute little wall hangings for my area, but right now I just don't have time to make anything other than big quilts. 

Speaking of which, I cut out the strips and sewed half of them together last night for the second quilt that needs to be done before the month is out.  If I can get the top done by this weekend, I can at least get started quilting on Gemma on one of them.

1 comment:

sb said...

Your quilt was in the Keepsake Quilting catalog in 1988 or 1989; I think it was actually a kit rather than just a pattern. I started it and it is probably my second oldest UFO. Maybe I'll move it up on the list and get it finished this year!