Thursday, July 25, 2013

A beautiful morning

The temperature outside is just wonderful for July!  It's in the low 80's and there's a nice breeze.  It could stay like this all Summer in my opinion.

I put together three more pinwheel two blocks this morning before work.  Last night I took my shower late so I didn't need to take another one this morning.  That gave me a little extra time in the morning to play! 

The amount of three inch spool blocks I need for a king sized quilt is 1023.  I figure in a few years of doing leader ender blocks I might have enough.  Right now, as each block gets completed, a spool block is completed.  It just works out that way.  That helps build the pile of completed blocks.  I have quite a few little sets of block pieces cut and put together.  Yesterday alone I cut and put together over 50 sets.  I paper clip the little bitty pieces to each other!  Found a nice basket in the sewing room to use to put the pieces in while they wait to be sewn into blocks.  From one basket to the sewing machine to another basket!

Yesterday after work and after I had made supper I went outside and did a little maintenance.  Our house and garage gutters sorely needed attention.  I am ashamed to say some of them had little trees growing out of them!  Bad, bad, bad!  I got on the ladder and cleaned out the ones I could reach on the garage and part of the roof.  There are a couple stretches that I think I might be able to reach yet, so I'm going to attempt to get those cleaned out today or tomorrow.  After that, I'm going to need someone to hold the extension ladder while I'm up there.  The ladder I'm using now is just a folding ladder, so there is some stability, but I don't trust the extension ladder unless someone is there to hold the bottom for me.  Of course, whoever is holding it is going to get crudded with all that yuck I throw down from the gutter...

No comments: