Sunday, July 28, 2013

A not so lazy Sunday

Today was a productive sewing day.  I spent a bit of time in the sewing room and finished up the second pinwheel top.  After sewing the blocks together, it needed a border, so I just put a 2" border of the pinky orange color on it.  I wasn't too fond of that color, but once the top was done, it had grown on me a bit.

In addition to finishing this top. I also grilled some pork chops and zucchini. 

All in all, a good day's work!

Over the weekend, Ev and I did some much needed yard work.  He got the gutters cleaned out, we both cleared weeds and trimmed the yard.  The yard and house look so much nicer now.  It's supposed to rain Monday or Tuesday, so I think before the sun goes down tonight I'll put some more grass seed down.


3 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Sounds like a lot more fun than I had setting up my DD's new computer. (I did fit in some quilting between jobs--but not nearly as much as it took to install, trouble shoot, uninstall, reinstall, etc.)

horsnaround said...

You are sure on a roll girl! I really like the way it turned out.

horsnaround said...

You are sure on a roll girl! I really like the way it turned out.