Thursday, July 18, 2013

Trimming

Trimming dog ears on triangle blocks is just not my favorite thing to do.  But it's a necessary evil, I guess.  That's what I did last night, along with cutting more 1-1/2" strips to be subcut into pieces for leader ender spool blocks.  I have no illusions that I will have enough spool blocks anytime soon to make a quilt.  I'm just going to keep making them from shirting scraps and eventually I will have enough.  Or get tired or bored of them and make something else with them. 

It is satisfying to see them pile up quickly.  It's like getting free blocks because they are worked in between other projects.  And in this case, these small pieces and blocks are perfect.  I'm using all scraps for the pieces and don't care what color thread is in the machine.

I've cleared out all of my class 15 bobbins from their odd bits of thread.  Well, all but the one that is still in the machine right now.  I thought I had more of them.  I think I'll go online and see if I can buy a box of them, just to have more bobbins.  When I'm piecing, I generally like to fill up a bunch of bobbins and have them ready to go.

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Tammy, I know where to get class 15 bobbins. Last time I ordered they were less than $5.00 per dozen, arrived within two or three days, and had been tested to be sure they fit and moved in the bobbin case.