Friday, July 19, 2013

Bobbin bonanza

Remember a couple of posts ago I said I wanted to go online and order more class 15 bobbins?  Well, I did just that and now I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of 100, yes I said 100, class 15 metal bobbins.  I got them on Ebay for $16.  This seems like a pretty good deal.  Let's hope they are as advertised. 

Today I was tired when I came home from work.  Actually laid down and took a nap!  I think this heat just pulls all my energy out of me.  When I got up I made Ev a couple of Monte Cristo sandwiches for when he gets home from work. Made myself some french toast.  Yum.  Did a load of laundry and then went upstairs for about 45 minutes.  I trimmed the side pieces off of quite a few pinwheels.  I still need to sew more side pieces on to the rest of the pinwheels, but after that, the block assembly should go pretty quickly.  Putting these blocks together will be fun.

And then I really need to make that birthday quilt for the end of October because the next birthday is the beginning of November.  Really, I should just make both of them right away and be done with it.  Then I won't have to worry about getting them done in a hurry.

Tomorrow morning I'm leaving early to head over to Arthur.  Mary is meeting me there around 10:30.  We are going to shop a little before we go for the lunch and tour.  I am really looking forward to this. 

No comments: