Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hmmmm

Here's what it looks like with four of the blocks laid next to each other.  That pink is just not my favorite color.  But that doesn't mean someone else won't like it.  It's a graduated color on the piece of fabric so all the pinks don't look the same.  I have five of twenty five blocks made.

So when we went to Arthur over the weekend we went to the dinner and farm tour at an Amish home.  I'm not saying it was bad, because it wasn't, but it just wasn't as good as I thought it would be.  I thought the food would be knock your socks off great.  It was just okay.  I thought there would be more interaction and explanation of things during the meal.  There wasn't.  The farm tour was just walking out to the barn and looking at the horses.  That was neat, and the fellows in the barn were a little more talkative.  I understand they don't normally talk to outsiders.  I just thought since they were opening up their home they might share a little more of their culture.  It was nice, but I don't know that I would do it again.

1 comment:

Lynley said...

Oh, that's a shame ... but a good thing you've done it once! I've only done that kind of home visit / tour in places where nobody speaks English, so the lack of conversation was kind of expected :)

In answer to your question - a jumper is a sweater. And I've had to adapt that because in New Zealand it's a jersey, but if I say that here nobody knows what I'm talking about. Not that the boys listen to me when I ask them to put warm clothes on, it doesn't matter what word I use ...