Monday, November 25, 2013

A screeching halt

That's what I've come to.  A screeching halt.  Just got off the phone with Nolting and Dan said it sounds like the motor is giving out.  Sigh.  Well, I have to pack her up and send Miss Gemma to Hiawatha, Iowa to have her motor replaced.  I'm half tempted to go home and pack her up right this minute and get her sent immediately so I can get her back real soon!  The turn around time is only a day for the repairs, but the travel time for the machine is going to be a few days.  I'm thinking if I can get it packed up and sent off tomorrow they will have her on Monday of next week.  Will just have to get it done.

I'm not even going to attempt to do any more sewing on it because if the motor is dying, it may mess up the intellestitch, so that's just the way it is.  I'm done.  I'll see what I can do on the nursing home quilts on my domestic machine, but honestly, if I don't get them done before the 8th of December, they will be ready for next year.  It may even be a relief to not have to worry about them at this point.

No comments: