Monday, November 11, 2013

Load 'em up!

Managed to choose and piece two backs for the nursing home quilts today.  I loaded up one of the tops and backs on Gemma.  It's all ready to go! 
The backing is the darker green.  I didn't have quite enough so there is a chunk of the lighter green border fabric attached to the backing.  I think it will work just fine.

Here's the next one in line for Gemma:
And I'm still not very confident about doing feathers....  I'm determined to do them, though!

Really enjoying the new furniture addition.  We bought it at Lowe's and I will warn anyone interested in getting one - it comes in a LOT of different pieces.  Took the hubster and son all afternoon yesterday to put it together.  But it sure was worth it.  Makes the room all warm and cozy.  And we need that tonight.  Rainy and cold.  Might even see some snow flurries! 

I just hope when my hubby comes home from work he realizes that the smoke smell is from the popcorn I burned and not the new electric fireplace...  oops.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great that you make quilts for a nursing home. I volunteer at a nursing home and have yet to make a quilt for donation. We love when we receive donated quilts!

bunbear said...

thank you. i really enjoy doing it!