Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday stuff

Yesterday I finished up the one quilt on the frame and loaded a second one.
Once again, I compromised on my goal to put feathers all over the nursing home quilts.  I did put feathers all over the first one, but the time it took was just too much.  So I'm going to make sure I have some feathers, in this case in the border, on each quilt.  I'm doing a simple meander on the inner part of this quilt.

I wanted to use some of the YLI thread I purchased in Paducah, mostly because I had a pretty sage color that would have looked very nice, but it kept breaking on me.  This happened with the other YLI thread I tried before.  I even put in a smaller needle, but it still broke.  I'll keep trying another time, but I just don't have the time to do it now, so I switched back to the Connecting Threads cotton thread that I have such good luck with.

I did decide to quit using the stitch regulator as such a crutch.  Going to have to master that too, so I started with this quilt.  Here's a close up of some of the quilting in the border. 
When I was working on the previous quilt I kept getting these little specks on the quilt that I couldn't figure out what they were.  It was suggested that they might be excess oil mixed with dirt and that I should take the cover off the side of the machine head and wipe it out.  I did that, but there really didn't seem to be that much excess oil in there.  Here's what it looks like inside the head of my Nolting.
I always find seeing how things work interesting.  Pretty neat.

Last night Ev and I went to see the movie "Captain Philip" with Tom Hanks.  It was a very good movie and I would recommend it. 

I had made a big pot of chicken rice soup last night and today I made stuffed peppers.  We have something to choose from for a couple days at least.

Tonight I was sitting in the front room just enjoying a cup of tea in one of my favorite cups.  Now what isn't to like about this?
Haha...  I had some of the tea I got when I met a friend a few weeks ago and we visited a tea shop.

Had some scary weather today.  We were lucky not to have any tornadoes, but they had them to the south and east of us.  It was extremely windy here and we did get some rain and a bit of hail.




1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

I was hoping the horrible weather missed you. A couple of counties I used to live in are facing a lot of weeks/months/years? of recovery.
So glad you were safe.