Sunday, January 26, 2014

Casualties of the flu

My laptop has become a casualty of the flu.  No, it did not catch a virus.  I keep my laptop alongside my bed, between my nightstand and the mattress.  Yesterday morning, real early, I was having a coughing spell and needed to take some more cough medicine.  You can guess what happened.  I started to pour the cough syrup into the spoon and had to cough suddenly and I spilled cough syrup right onto the computer.  It just ran right down the sides and over the keys and everything.  Sigh. 

I've been able to rescue my pictures and put them all on a flash drive.  I have about 70% of my quilt patterns on the flash drive but the laptop is pretty messed up and became disabled while I was trying to save them.  Going to try again today, but I am pretty sure it's a lost cause.

Nick is going to try and take the keyboard apart and clean it with alcohol, but if everything is on the circuit board, it's probably toast.  Sigh.  I had a good four years with that laptop.  Going to look for some deals and hope I find something inexpensive that will do the job.

No comments: