Saturday, January 4, 2014

Seriously people?

So we have snow predicted and cold weather coming.  Do we really need to clear out the supermarket shelves?  This is the bread aisle at the local grocery store:
I don't know about you, but I have enough food in the house to last a few days if I can't get out.  If I ran out of bread, we would eat crackers!  Sheesh!

Haven't done any sewing yet today.  Spent the day with the kids in Springfield.  Had dinner and did a little shopping.  Johanna's birthday is next week, so the three of us celebrated a little early.  Ev had to work today.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Here in Maryland, the 3 items that go before a storm are bread, milk and toilet paper. It's not like we're going to be snowed in for months or even weeks. The longest I've been stuck at home here was 5 days in January 1996 when we got something like 2-3 feet of snow over a 3 day period. When I hit the store before a storm, it's because it's my normal time to shop and I'm out of food.

Barbara in MD
www.stashoverflow.wordpress.com

Miz Karen said...

We always laugh about people having "milk sandwiches" here in the south when bad weather is predicted.