Thursday, January 2, 2014

Winter wonderland

We got about 6 inches of snow overnight last night.  It looks so pretty!  Didn't have to go in to work because the office was closed.  That didn't make me mad at all.  I didn't get out of my pajamas!  Alternated between doing small tasks and sleeping all day, trying to shake this cold.

Ivy did enjoy the snow, in small doses.
She would go out, make one round in the yard, then bark to come in!

I had to laugh, when I looked at the snow in the front yard there were some odd prints that seemed not to go anywhere.  I finally figured out they were from the squirrels!  I had put out some corn for them and they remembered where it was and the tracks were from the trees to the corn and back!  Cracks me up.

I did some sewing today on the string blocks from Roll Roll Cotton Boll.  I have them halfway put together into the alternating blocks.  Don't know if I will get any more done on them tonight or not, but I did accomplish something at least.

Hope everyone is staying warm.

2 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

How nice that you got a snow day and a pajama day! I didn't realize there were big storms northeast of us--probably because this is the first evening I've managed to catch the news since some time last week!
How much snow does it take to close your office--or how much has to be predicted?

bunbear said...

I don't think there is any set amount - just what our director decides is unsafe to travel in! I'm pretty lucky that my employer thinks about the employees like people. We are expecting another big storm over the weekend!