Thursday, January 16, 2014

More Snow!

In the wee hours of the morning, when I stumbled into the bathroom half asleep, I happened to look out the window and it was snowing!  By the time the alarm went off this morning we had about an inch of the beautiful white stuff covering everything outside.  I'm enjoying it now because today we are supposed to get temperatures in the 40's so it will probably all melt.  The roads were a bit slick driving in this morning.

Tonight Nick teaches guitar in the next town over and is planning to come by afterwards so we can go to Tilley's and have some supper.  It will be late, after 7, but that's okay.  I'm looking forward to spending some time with my son.

Last night I finished putting all the blocks for RRCB into rows and sewed one more row to the half I'm working on.  The last rows is waiting to be sewn to that half, then the halves can be sewn together.  Does that make sense?  Probably only in my mind...  haha.  Anyway, the top is coming along nicely.  After the center of the top is complete, I will square it up then work on the pieced border.  It's getting exciting to see this come together after sitting in a box for so long!  And I'm even more pleased that it may be large enough to fit my bed.  It depends on how much it shrinks up during quilting.

No comments: