Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Dog Show!

I took a break from watching the Olympics last night to watch the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.  Every year, for two nights, I am glued to the t.v. for this event.  Tonight is the second night and I'm looking forward to seeing which dog wins Best In Show.  Ivy likes to sit on the couch with me and watch it too!  haha.

My friend Mary and I are both really excited about going to the Quilt Show in Paducah this year.  We counted the weeks and it is 11 weeks away.  To make it fun, we decided to each make two quilt squares a week.  One to keep, one to give away to the other person.  Somewhere in this time we will make an extra two squares so that when it's time for the show, we will have 24 squares.  No peeking in between now and then.  I won't know what pattern or materials she is using and she won't know what I'm using.  Since we are taking our machines to Paducah, I'm hoping we will be able to put the tops together while we are down there.  I'm thinking a nice sashing in between the blocks will help make them into nice size quilts.

No comments: