Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lookout

This is how Ivy sits and looks out of the window!  She gets her back legs tucked under her and her front legs folded under her too.  She lays her head on the back of the loveseat and watches the squirrels and rabbits.  That's my doggy!

Yesterday I had the day off of work for Lincoln's Birthday so I got some sewing done.  I made two blocks for the Paducah Trip Swap.  I think they turned out pretty nice.  They are 36 patch blocks done in blues and tan.  When I was stitching them together, I just used my guide for a quarter inch seam that I had put on the base of my machine.  I used the Perfect Piecing Tool where you put the needle down into a hole in the piece of plastic and then build up a fence on the bed of the machine before the feed dogs.  Well, somehow the guide had gotten moved a little and my seams were all too small!  Better too small than too big... 

When I had the blocks assembled and pressed, I used my 12 1/2" square ruler and trimmed them down to size.  No harm, no foul!  Then I adjusted the seam guide so that the seams will be a true quarter inch!

No comments: