Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sew much fun

Here's what my Playing with Jacks blocks look like when I set 4 of them together to make a 12" finished block.  Excuse the wrinkles, the block really did look better once everything was sewn together and pressed.  I like it.  It has a lot of 2" half square triangles, but they came together pretty quickly.  I changed things up a bit and have been pressing pieces without steam.  It seems to not distort the pieces as much, so I might just keep doing it.

The Playing with Jacks block is a 6-1/2" unfinished block originally and has many layout options.  It is a free pattern on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville website.

So now it's on to the fifth set of blocks.  Not quite sure what pattern I'm going to make this time.  I kind of got sidetracked with this block.  Want to make something in green.

I ordered a couple of jigsaw puzzles from Springbok's website today.  One is 60 pieces and the other is 100 pieces.  I'm hoping Johnathon will want to put them together sometime when he comes over. 

And I had to take my car in for it's scheduled oil change and tire rotation.  The service department just called to tell me I need new back brakes.  I'm not real surprised, considering I have been driving that car since December of 2005 and it has almost 160,000 miles on it and not had the brakes changed.  Gotta love my Ford.  Oh, and this disproves the theory that women ride the brakes, by the way!  haha.  Take that, all you mcp's!

No comments: