Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Super Bowl Leftovers

Here's one of the trays I made up for Super Bowl Sunday.  It has, among other things, sliced mushrooms, sugar snap peas, and tomatoes in it.  I also had some celery, carrots, and green onions. 

Last night, I used those ingredients in a chicken stir fry that turned out really really good! 

I have been working on the borders for RRCB (STILL).  I'm at the point where I'm pinning them to the top and they are two units too long on each side!  I don't know if I am putting them on incorrectly or what.  I have been using the instructions that were printed when the mystery ran, so I checked in the book that the pattern was printed in.  They say to join the same number of units.

I then went to Bonnie's website to see if there were corrections for the book.  There aren't any for this pattern.  I'm a little leary of shortening the borders.  I think I'll look at the picture in the book and see if I can count the units to see if I'm right or not. 

After all this work, this quilt is definitely staying home!

No comments: