Wednesday, April 29, 2015

2015 Top


Remember the block swap Mary and I did in Paducah?  Well, I actually completed the center portion of the quilt while in the hotel.  We ended up with a total of 56 different blocks.  They are 12" finished blocks and are 16 patches.  Love all the different colors.  It is a BIG quilt!  But, I have a king size bed, so I'm going to put a border or two on it to make it even larger.

The fun part of doing this swap is that there is no pressure to make a perfect quilt.  This quilt is for me.  If the corners don't always match, so what?  If I have two pink blocks next to each other, who cares?  When I quilt it, if it's not perfect, I'm not going to stress.

We are already looking forward to next years trip to Paducah and thining of what block(s) we may do for a swap!

No comments: