Tuesday, April 28, 2015

So Many Blocks

 So many blocks, so little time.  This was my in hotel room sewing station.  I had brought my little side table along and just sat on the bed and sewed.  It worked out quite well.  I just love that little featherweight machine.  Marla was looking for a featherweight painted red at the show.  She didn't get one, but I think it's in the works for later this year.

Instead, she ended up buying a die cutting machine.  I've been wanting one for a while, but just hadn't made up my mind which one to go with.  I think I'll wait and see how she likes hers before I make my final decision.

To continue with the trip narrative...  Thursday morning I had an early class, so I left by myself.  Marla and Mary slept in and had breakfast at the Huddle House across the street, then they headed for the show.  My class ended at 11:30, so I grabbed a bite to eat at the vendors in the parking lot, then met up with Mary and Marla.  We went through the exhibition hall and I picked up my parts I had ordered from Nolting.  They were so nice to bring them to the show for me so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping.  I just got an extra bobbin case, some bobbins, and a new throat plate.  Mine is fine, but you just never know when you will get a burr or something, so I wanted to have a spare!

We decided to have a late lunch at Olive Garden.  After that, Mary had a class from 5:30 to 8:30, so Marla and I just went back to the hotel (loved being so close that we could just go back and forth like that - nothing at all like when I had stayed an hour away!) and relaxed for a bit.  I did some sewing on our 2015 Paducah top.  More about that later.

After we picked Mary up from her class, we stopped at Dairy Queen.  Yum!  Then just went back to the room and sewed and talked.  It was a great day!

No comments: