Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Enjoying What I'm Doing

I am really starting to enjoy what I'm doing on the quilting of this one!  It's all kind of free style.  I just do whatever I feel like doing in the blocks.  No pressure.
I did some feathers (not very good ones, but that's okay too) in the strips around the squares of this block.  The one on the right got a bit thread heavy.  Then in the squares I just did a meandering line with some echoing around it.
Same here.  Just some feathers and a goofy line with echoes.
I was really pleased with the way the micro stippling looked in this block.  I did it in the center and in the yellow corners.  Tossing around getting a different foot for Gemma and maybe some micro handles.  Just a thought.

I'm using up a bunch of miscellaneous bobbins on this quilt.  The pattern on the backing fabric is so busy, you really don't notice!  The only thing I have noticed is that one of the colors seems to just lay there, not really go into the fabric.  If this continues, I'll just avoid that one thread color.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are doing a beautiful job and making the squares I made even more beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wait that sounds vain lol. What I meant was I really like what you've done to my squares. :)

bunbear said...

Your squares were beautiful before I ever did anything to them! I was amazed when we exchanged them last year at how nice they were. You had hardly been sewing for any time at all and really put together some nice patterns.