Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I Can Bind For Miles And Miles...


At least that's what it felt like, miles and miles of binding, while I was putting the strips together!


When I stopped for the night I just put everything on the table.  I hadn't gone up to the sewing room with the intention of starting the binding, but one thing led to another and before I knew it, there was one side of binding sewn on the back of the quilt!

After cutting the quilt to size, I had a strip of the baking material about 20" wide and 100" long.  It was the very last fold that was on the bold of fabric and it had quite a bit of watermark damage.  I really didn't want to throw this back into the stash, but I couldn't make myself throw it away.  In the end, I cut it into four pieces to make dish towels with.  Last night I put a small hem on two of the pieces before I started working on the quilt.  I could have just used the serger, but that would have meant dragging it to the other table and plugging it in and all, so in the end I opted for making a little folded hem.  

No comments: