Monday, April 25, 2016

Swap Side By Side

Remember the Wonky Star Blocks I had been making?  Well, after finishing up 48 of them, Mary and I swapped out half of our blocks to each other and started sewing.  We had to go to Hancock's of Paducah on Wednesday afternoon to get our sashing and cornerstone material for the top.  She chose a tan with a little red in it for the sashing and a pretty red for the cornerstones.  I chose a blue for the sashing and a gold for the cornerstones.  Marla did not participate this year because she had a lot going on, including moving from house to house.

Here's what Mary's top looked like when we were ready to leave on Saturday morning.  She had all the rows sewn together!


I, on the other hand, did not get quite that far.


I learned not to cut material at 6 a.m.  I merrily cut all my sashing strips to the wrong size!  Argh!  I used what I had not cut to get this far, then had to go back to Hancock's of Paducah (what a sacrifice that was... hahahahahahahaha) to get more material.  I do have all the rows of blocks and sashings sewn together, so it's just a matter of whipping them through the machine and adding a border.

Mary did get her border sewn on once she got home.  This is what the top looks like finished.


Isn't it interesting how using different sashing and cornerstones produces a totally different look?

We joked about her getting her top finished and me not getting mine done.  So of course I really have to get busy and finish mine soon!

We are thinking of doing a 'square in a square' block for next years swap.

No comments: