Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Pizza Times Two



Oh my goodness, I'm so glad I tried something new.  Last night for dinner I made homemade pizzas.  Now, I've made them before, so that part isn't new, but see that top pizza?  It's a taco pizza, and that's something I haven't made before.  I had leftover seasoned taco meat, so I figured, why not?  My plan was to make one traditional pizza, the one on the bottom, and then mix it up a bit and make a taco pizza.

I'm sure there are many ways to make a taco pizza, but here is what I did.  I used the same pizza crust mix I usually make.  For the toppings, I added a spread on a small amount of tomato sauce, then mixed about half a cup of salsa in with the leftover taco meat and spread that on the crust.  I sprinkled on sliced black olives and chopped tomatoes, then topped it with a mix of cheddar, monterey jack and colby cheeses.  Baked it just like a tradition pizza.

Some people use a layer of refried beans instead of tomato sauce, but I thought hubby probably wouldn't be too keen on that.

The second pizza was pepperoni, sausage, and tomato.  I even used up some leftover sausage on it, so it was 'clean out the fridge' night at our house!

Tonight Johanna and her crew are coming over for meatloaf.  We will have meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, glazed carrots, and salad for dinner.  The meatloaf mixture is all ready to go into the pan and the potatoes are peeled and ready to cook.  I was peeling potatoes this morning before work!

No comments: