Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Blackberry Cobbler Recipe

I posted pics of the cobbler I made yesterday and thought someone might like the recipe.  I found it online and I believe credit goes to Betty Crocker.  I am putting the recipe up in it's original form, which is how I made it last night, however, next time I would cut the sugar to about 3/4 cup.  Even with the blackberries being a bit tart, for my taste, there didn't need to be as much sugar.  One other note, I think it is important to use real butter in the batter.  The butter was the star flavor of the batter.

Blackberry Cobbler

2-1/2 cup blackberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine blackberries and sugar.  Allow to stand for about 20 minutes until a syrup has formed.

Combine flour, baking powder and salt.  Stir in melted butter and milk.  Spread batter in ungreased 8" x 8" baking pan. Top with berry mixture.

Place in preheated oven and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until golden and bubbly.  Serve warm with ice cream if desired.

Or eat directly out of the pan with a spoon.....  hahaha

No comments: