We had some thunderstorms last night that were pretty bad. Luckily we didn't have any damage, but that wind was pretty strong! Lots of thunder and lightening, too. I was driving home during part of it and had to pull over because I couldn't see the road.
I did manage to get a little sewing done last night. I finished the sample block for the (maybe) Christmas quilt. This block was made with 1" finished strips. I don't think I would use the 1" strips. I think I would make it at least 1-1/2" finished, if not bigger.
I'm still thinking of reversing the colors and alternating blocks. And the yellow in the middle, while really pretty, is just oo bright in my opinion. I have a white material with speckles of red and green that might end up in place of the yellow. I am just having fun playing with the blocks.