Thursday, July 14, 2016

Stormy Sewing

We had some thunderstorms last night that were pretty bad.  Luckily we didn't have any damage, but that wind was pretty strong!  Lots of thunder and lightening, too.  I was driving home during part of it and had to pull over because I couldn't see the road.

I did manage to get a little sewing done last night.  I finished the sample block for the (maybe) Christmas quilt.  This block was made with 1" finished strips.  I don't think I would use the 1" strips.  I think I would make it at least 1-1/2" finished, if not bigger.


I'm still thinking of reversing the colors and alternating blocks.  And the yellow in the middle, while really pretty, is just oo bright in my opinion.  I have a white material with speckles of red and green that might end up in place of the yellow.  I am just having fun playing with the blocks.

No comments: