Thursday, July 21, 2016

Wrap Up


I made stir fry with pork, rice, and veggies for dinner.  Instead of eating it plain, I turned mine into lettuce wraps.  Wow, was it good!  Even brought some for lunch today.  Yum, yum, yum!

The sample block I showed in the previous post is for the possible Christmas Quilt I'm thinking of making.  Well, it's past the 'thinking' stage, I am going to make it.  I have been cutting pieces for it.  The half square triangle blocks on the corners are going to be made by sewing on triangle paper I made myself.

Half square triangles are a pain, to me at least.  If I have a lot to make, I want to find the easiest way possible to make them.  My method is to create a master on graph paper by drawing the squares, then the diagonals, and then the quarter inch from the diagonal line.  For these particular triangles, I was able to fit four squares, enough to make 8 blocks, of 3-1/2" unfinished half square triangles.

This means I will need a piece of each of the two fabrics approximately 9 inches square.  A little less works, but I say 9 to be safe.  For this particular project, I am using the same background and scraps of reds and greens for the half square triangle blocks.  I also need a 14" x 2" strip for the other pieces of the block, but if that has to be a different color, that's okay.  It is a scrappy quilt!

No comments: