Friday, July 22, 2016

Hot And Humid

Our weather has been hot and humid this week.  So much so that I don't feel much like sewing when I get home from work. It just takes the a/c unit upstairs too long to cool it off for the hour or so I will be spending in the sewing room.

I really should set something up downstairs, in the basement, by Gemma.  I could easily set up a sewing space down there, and in fact have a domestic machine in a desk already in place.  The main reason I don't sew down there is very silly.  I just don't like to be in the basement alone for long periods of time!  Now isn't that just the stupidest thing you ever heard?  I mean, come on, I'm a grown woman and I am a little afraid of my own basement!  Totally stupid.

I also have all my sewing supplies and fabrics on the second floor, so unless I have everything done except the sewing itself, I would still need to spend time upstairs or haul everything two floors down.

Then there is the sewing machine I have on the first floor.  This is a pretty good alternative, but again, I have to haul things down from upstairs.  Not quite as bad as going two flights, though.

Anyway, I will figure it all out, I'm sure, but tonight I really want to get some sewing done, so as soon as I get home, I plan to go up and turn that a/c on so it's not unbearably hot up there.

No comments: